Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Los Angeles, California

"This ain't no Disco, this ain't no country club either, this is LA."
  I believe that is the words of a Cheryl Crow song. I'm not sure what she was trying to say, but I will say that LA is a unique city, with quite a history and masses of humanity. John and Kelly Jurenec, along with their family answered the call to go into LA after pioneering a fruitful work in Upland, Ca. I preached for them December 4-7. We kicked it off with a parade float in the annual Christmas Parade (which I was recruited into) after the Sunday morning service. Thousands lined the street as the church made a float that depicted a world too busy for Jesus. We were able to preach and testify throughout the whole parade. There is nothing like open air evangelism! There are young people and families that are locking into their church and catching a vision for what God wants to do. God gave us a great week with visitors, souls saved and people who were on the fringes that were faithful to the revival. Their building is a storefront on a busy street with many passersby checking out what God is doing. Pray for the Jurenecs as they attempt to get a foothold in this great city. I was reminded of the words of the Apostle Paul in I Cor. 16:9 "For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries. "This is true of LA, God has opened a great door, but there are battles to be won.